An out of the ordinary peach cobbler.
Fresh Peach Pudding
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar, (1/2 cup for filling, 1/2 cup for the syrup)
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 cup peaches, sliced and peeled
- 1-1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
Prep Time15 min
Cook Time50 min
- Fruit Filling
- Preheat oven to 400°. Grease an 8×8-inch or a comparable sized baking dish. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, 1/2 cup of sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- Stir in the milk just until combined.
- Gently fold in the peaches.
- Spread into the bottom of prepared pan and place on a rimmed baking sheet.
- In a large saucepan, combine the water, brown sugar, 1/2 cup of sugar, and butter.
- Bring to a boil, stirring until the sugars are dissolved.
- Pour the syrup over the peaches.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until filling is bubbly.
- Serve with a scoop of ice cream, if desired.