Grill your favorite peach variety and serve as dessert
- with ice cream, whipped cream or yogurt
- topped with fresh blueberries or strawberries
Or serve as an appetizer or side dish
- with chicken or fish or on a burger
- topped with crumbled blue cheese
Grilled Peaches with a Sweet Dessert Glaze
- 4 soft, ripe, golden peaches, halved or cut in wedges and pitted
- 3 tablespoon salted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, or a splash of dark rum
- 3 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Prep Time20 min
Cook Time10 min
- Basic Recipe for Grilled Peaches
- Preheat the grill to medium-high.
- Lightly oil the grill grate.
- Place peaches on the grill, flesh side down and cook for about 5 minutes or until the flesh is caramelized.
- Turn the peaches over and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Peaches should be soft and golden in color.
- Heat the salted butter, vanilla (or rum), brown sugar and cinnamon in a small saucepan until the glaze is thick and syrupy, about 5 minutes.
- Baste peaches with the glaze before and during grilling.
- Serve the peaches drizzled with the remaining glaze.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of white sugar, 3/4 cup balsamic vinegar and 2 teaspoons freshly ground black peppercorns in a small saucepan until thick and syrupy, about 5 minutes.
- Baste and serve as noted above.